Effective Date: 8/29/2016
Bizible complies with the U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from Switzerland. Bizible has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Bizible’s certification, visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Bizible also participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield (“Privacy Shield”) framework. Bizible is committed to subjecting all information received from the European Union (“EU”) and European Economic Area which constitutes “personal data” subject to the EU’s privacy laws (“EU Personal Data”), in reliance on Privacy Shield, to the applicable Privacy Shield Principles. To learn more about Privacy Shield and to view Bizible’s certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List. Additional notice and information regarding Bizible’s compliance with applicable Privacy Shield Principles are contained in Section 13 below.
1. Information Collection and Use. Bizible collects information from our Visitors and Customers who provide it explicitly (like name, email, billing information, address, etc.) or implicitly (like web browser type and language, IP address, marketing source, etc., which is obtained through commonly used tracking technology described in the Tracking Technologies under Section 6 below)(“User Content”). Bizible maintains and processes information submitted by its Customers and has no direct relationship with our Customer’s users, whose personal information may be included in a Customer’s User Content. Bizible also collects information for our Customers regarding our Customers’ users, such information is included in our Customers’ User Content, and Bizible has no direct relationship with our Customers’ users. Bizible works with our Customers to help them provide notice to their users concerning the purpose for which personal information is collected. Bizible processes and accesses User Content, which may include third party personal information, for the purpose of providing Bizible’s software and services to its Customers. Bizible uses User Content from Visitors and Customers to sell and market Bizible’s services to Bizible’s Visitors and Customers and to service Bizible’s Customers’ accounts.
2.1. No selling; Limited ad targeting. Bizible does not sell personal information to third parties. Bizible does not use any third party personal information contained in our Customers’ User Content in ad targeting. For additional information on ad targeting see Section 6.3 below.
2.3. Anonymous aggregated information. Bizible may publish anonymized and aggregated information from Customers’ User Content for marketing or any other lawful purpose.
2.4 Government requests. In certain situations, Bizible may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful government requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
2.5 General disclosures. Bizible may also disclose personal information:
-- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
-- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights; protect your safety or the safety of others, or investigate fraud;
-- if Bizible is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, notice will be provided via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of personal information, as well as any choices you may have if you believe Bizible maintains your personal information; or
-- to any other third party with your prior consent to do3. Access and Choice.
3.1 Visitors and Customers. Upon request, Bizible will provide you with information about whether we hold or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. If you are a Visitor or Customer please contact us here or our email address at email@example.com for requests to access, correct, amend, delete, or limit the use or disclosure of your personal information. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
3.2 Third parties. Upon request Bizible will provide you with information about whether we hold or process, on behalf of a Customer, any of your personal information. If you believe Bizible maintains and processes your personal data on behalf of a Customer, and you wish to request to access, correct, amend, delete, limit use, or limit disclosure of your personal information contained in a Customer’s User Content, please provide the name of the Bizible Customer (data controller) who submitted your data to Bizible’s services. Because Bizible employees have limited ability to access our Customer’s User Content, Bizible will refer your request to that Customer, and Bizible will support that Customer in responding to your request within 30 days.
4. Purpose Limitation. The use of User Content collected through our services shall be limited to the purpose of providing the services requested by the Customer who submitted the User Content . Bizible may retain a Visitor’s User Content as long as needed for purposes of marketing and sales of Bizible’s software and services to the Visitor. Bizible will retain a Customer’s User Content, including any third party personal data, for as long as needed to provide the Customer services. Bizible will retain and use User Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
5. Newsletter Opt-Out Preferences. If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), Bizible will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page, or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Tracking Technologies. Bizible and our marketing partners, affiliates, advertisers, or analytics or service providers use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts, to analyze trends, administer the website, track Visitor and Customer movements around the website, and to gather demographic information about our Visitor and Customer base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies from our partners, affiliates, advertisers, or analytics or services providers on an individual and aggregated basis. We do link the information we collect and store about Visitors and Customers to Visitor and Customer personal information.
6.2 Log files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the website, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do link this automatically-collected data to Visitor and Customer personal information. IP addresses are tied to personal information to market to and service Customer accounts.
6.3 Local stored objects. We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs), such as HTML5, to store our user’s information and preferences to help manage our user’s experience on our website. Third parties that we partner with to provide certain features on our website or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity use LSOs, such as HTML 5, to collect and store information. This information is linked to our Visitor’s and Customer’s personal information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
6.3 Advertising. We partner with third parties to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third-party advertising partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about Visitor and Customer activities on Bizible’s website and other sites in order to provide advertising based upon Visitor and Customer browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads on our website. You will continue to receive generic ads.
6.4 Framing. Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to/from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our website. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to Bizible.
7. Security. The security of personal information is important to Bizible.
7.1 Financial information. When you enter financial information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using reasonable security and encryption, such as secure socket layer technology (SSL).
7.2 General security. Bizible follows generally accepted standards and takes reasonable and appropriate measures to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website or through our services, you can contact us at email@example.com.
9. Blog. Our website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to or we may decline to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to or decline to do so and why.
10. Testimonials. We display personal testimonials of satisfied Customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. By submitting a testimonial in any forum, you grant us consent to use your name, photo, and likeness along with the testimonial, both on our website and via other media (e.g., including third party sites). If you want to update/delete your testimonial or have questions regarding our use of your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
12. Single Sign-On. When you use our Bizible Helpdesk, you have the option to log in using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this website to your profile page to share with others within your network.
13. Privacy Shield Notice. This Section governs Bizible’s collection, maintenance and processing of EU Personal Data and provides notice regarding Bizible’s commitment to and compliance with Privacy Shield Principles
13.1 Collection and use. Bizible collects and uses EU Personal Data contained in User Content as set forth above in Section 1.
13.2 Third party disclosure. Bizible may disclose EU Personal Data contained in User Content as set forth above in Section 2.
13.3 Purpose limitation. Bizible limits the use of EU Personal data contained in User Content as set forth above in Section 4.
13.4. Security. Bizible protects the security of EU Personal Data contained in User Content during transfer and storage as set forth in Section 7 above.
13.5 Onward transfer. Bizible acts as a data processor and is responsible for the processing of EU Personal Data, under the Privacy Shield framework, and subsequent transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Bizible maintains contracts with these third parties restricting their access, use, and disclosure of personal data in compliance with Bizible’s Privacy Shield obligations. Bizible complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of EU Personal Data, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
13.6 Sensitive data. Bizible does not disclose sensitive data to third parties, except for those third parties acting as an agent to perform tasks on behalf of Bizible and with whom Bizible maintains contracts.
13.7 Access and choice. Bizible is committed to respecting the rights EU individuals have to access, amend or delete personal data about them, and to limit the use and disclosure of their personal data. Because Bizible has limited ability to access data submitted by Customers to our services, if you believe Bizible maintains and processes your personal data for a Customer, please provide the name of the Bizible Customer who submitted your data to our services. Bizible will refer your request to that Customer, and Bizible will support them as needed in responding to your request.
13.8 Recourse; enforcement; liability. Bizible complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for recourse, enforcement and liability. You may direct inquires or complaints concerning our Privacy Shield compliance to firstname.lastname@example.org. Bizible will respond within 45 days. If Bizible fails to respond or if Bizible’s response did not satisfactorily address your concern, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request. If your concern is not resolved by exhausting these dispute resolution procedures, then under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may invoke binding arbitration.
13.10 Jurisdiction. With respect to EU Personal Data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield framework, Bizible is subject to the regulatory investigation and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
542 1st Ave S #400
Seattle, WA 98104